Sunday, June 10, 2012

Protagonist of my Coming of Age Novel and Me

  In "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian" by Sherman Alexie,  its a story about an Indian (Native American) boy who doesn't fit in with his society. He doesn't fit in, because he has an extremely large head and he is very skinny and small ; tough like the other Indians in his reservation. He also doesn't fit in, because he is extremely poor.
   I could kind of connect to him, because sometimes people make fun of me. They make fun of me, because I am Muslim, they sometimes call me terrorist or Osama; but I don't care what they say I love my religion and I want to be the person I am. I know its not true.
   I would like to suggest this to the protagonist in this book, because he cares about what people say, he doesn't care about anything else.    

No comments:

Post a Comment